October 6, 2015

3 Weeks Post Op Dr Appointment

I have my first post op appointment with my surgeon at 3 weeks.  The appointment was very short and the Dr. looked at the incision to make sure it was healing well and there was no sign of infection.  I'm good to go in this area since I'm healing well.

I do have an area which is completely numb near my incision.  It's about a 1 in x 1 in  area to the left of the incision.  Apparently this is fairly common.  Over the next few months I should regain feeling as the nerves repair themselves.  According to my surgeon some people never regain feeling but it typically doesn't bother them.

One pleasant surprise after this surgery was I had no sutures to remove.  The incision was closed with internally dissolving stitches and surgical glue.  So that was nice not to have someone poking around the tender skin to remove sutures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment